Music returns to Amarante in August, September and October
The 4th edition of the ‘Mercado da Música’ in Amarante starts this Friday, the 6th of August and runs until the 8th of October. Live music always for free.
The ‘Mercado da Música’ is a project by Valsa das Silabas/A Casa do Fado in partnership with the Municipality of Amarante, with the objective of creating a new dynamic in the Municipal Market space, in a logic of giving new life to old spaces, through an innovative and aggregating concept.
The ‘Mercado da Música‘ has the format of a concert café, with free entry, with a very varied program, going through different musical genres, from fado, to blues, going through folk, funk/soul, samba or Cuban music and will remain on Friday evenings. It is characterized by an intimate, inviting atmosphere, with a backdrop composed of a low stage, little different from the level of the audience and the formation of the bands varies between two and five musicians. The focus will be on scenic aspects, consisting of light and image and an eventual more performative installation, in order to create creative and dynamic environments, adjusted to musical genres.
There will be ten concerts, every Friday, between the 6th of August and the 8th of October, starting at 10 pm and lasting 90 minutes.
The Mercado da Música is co-funded by COMPETE 2020 and Portugal 2020.
Programming ‘Mercado da Música’:
- August 6th – Dixie Boys (Rockabilly)
- August 13th – Daniel Castro (traditional)
- August 20th – Rock da Pop (Rock)
- August 27th – Ana Cristina (Fado)
- September 3rd – The Smokestackers (Blues)
- September 10th – Cassette (Covers)
- September 17th – Mia Moura (Fado)
- September 24th – Marcia Barros Quarteto (MPB)
- October 1st – G Project (Jazz)
- October 8th – Nikilouders (covers)