This post is also available in: Português (Portuguese (Portugal))
- 30,000 online participants are expected to discuss fundamental topics of digital transformation: Beyond, Future, People, Planet, Education and Skilling
- In a countdown, and through a partnership with Janssen, this edition will provide subtitling and sign language
Building The Future, the main Portuguese digital transformation event, which has the main sponsorship of Microsoft and the construction of imatch, returns to the national agenda this week and expects the participation of 30 thousand online participants.
During the 26th, 27th and 28th of January, the 100% online event, with live streaming from the Capitólio, in Lisbon, will bring together national and international experts with the aim of promoting, through conferences, inspirational sessions, thematic workshops, talks, debates, pitches with experts, among others, sharing knowledge about how technology is redefining human progress and the way we interact with reality, highlighting fundamental themes such as Beyond, Future, People, Planet, Education and Skilling.
Suggestions of what not to miss in this year’s edition of Building The Future
Day 1 – To build the future, you have to imagine it
The 4th edition starts with a morning that tests the limits of technology, taking participants beyond imagination into a distant future – BEYOND:
- 09:20 – 09:40: “From Fictional to Real Futures”, with Monika Bielskyte (Protopia Futures)
- 10:20 – 10:50: “Crypto: After the Hype, Comes the Future”, with André Mestre (Microsoft), Paula Antunes da Costa (Visa) and José Brandão de Brito (Millennium BCP)
During the afternoon, the event will focus on more tangible scenarios, exploring the role of technologies such as AI, Machine Learning, Automation, Big Data, and much more, for the realization of the near future – FUTURE:
- 14:20 – 14:40: “Science and Tech as a Catalyst for Social Change”, with Gitanjali Rao (Colorado Attorney General’s Office)
- 17:20 – 17:40: “Holographic Medicine“, with Fausto J. Pinto (Faculty of Medicine, University of Lisbon), Diogo Ayres de Campos (Advanced Medical Technology Center | CTRS), Carlos das Neves Martins (GlamHealth), Alison Sundset (HoloCare AS) and Manuel Dias (Microsoft)
- 16:30 – 17:00: “People hapiness in the workplace”, with Joana Vasconcelos (Microsoft) and Ricardo Parreira (PHC Software)
Day 2 – Technology is the catalyst for transformation
Transformation also depends on people and the planet. The 2nd day of the event will focus on the impact of technology on the various aspects of human and environmental life, in the PEOPLE and PLANET themes:
- 9:20 – 9:40: “Empowering Everyone for a New World of Work” with Jared Spataro (Microsoft)
- 11:00 – 11:15: “Power Talk on Cybersecurity”, with Pedro Zeferino (NOS SGPS), Miguel Caldas (Microsoft) and António Martinez (Portugal Ventures)
- 11:00 – 11:30: “Voices of Women’s Empowerment”, with Sandra Gil Mateus (Microsoft), Ana Torres (Pfizer), Susana Lopes (SHL Portugal) and Carla Sequeira (CIP – Business Confederation of Portugal)
- 11:10 – 11:30: “The Science of Burnout Prevention” with Sahar Yousef (Becoming Superhuman) and Lucas Miller (Becoming Superhuman)
- 15:20 – 15:50: “Portuguese Out of Space”, with Mariana Amaro (Microsoft), Hugo Costa (AEP I Portuguese Space Agency), Carlos Cerqueira (Neuraspace) and Francisco Vilhena da Cunha (Geosat)
Day 3 – A day totally dedicated to Education
The last day of the event is entirely dedicated to the digital transformation in Education and will bring together all those who educate, who learn, who decides, who lead, who research and who, together, support the educational ecosystem:
- 9:20 – 9:40: “Learning Never Stops” with Mark East (Microsoft) and Kati Tiainen (Microsoft)
- 10:20 – 10:40: “How to Protect our Kids with Technology?”, with Lara Prospero (Microsoft) and Susana Felício (Microsoft)
- 11:50 – 12:10: “Humanization Beyond the Classroom” with David Simas (Obama Foundation)
- 14:40 – 15:00: “State of the Nation – Education for a Better Future”, with José Neves (José Neves Foundation) and Carlos Oliveira (José Neves Foundation)
- 16:20 – 16:40: “New Inclusive Hiring in a Hybrid World”, with Jóni Sousa (Mercedes Benz), David Correia (LinkedIn) and Tarena Shanaberger (Microsoft)
For a more inclusive future with Janssen’s help
In 2022, Janssen, one of Johnson & Johnson’s pharmaceutical companies, joins Building The Future with the aim of making the event more accessible, so that the experience is lived equally by all participants. This edition will feature, for the first time, subtitling and sign language in all sessions of the Inspiration stage.
Filipa Mota e Costa, managing director of Janssen Portugal, says: “At Janssen, we believe in equity as a fundamental pillar of development and innovation. That’s why it’s so important to join this Building the Future initiative, ensuring an edition that is closer to everyone through equal accessibility to all sessions”.