- 6 chicken thighs
- Half tbsp smoked paprika
- Half tbsp sweet paprika
- Half tbsp ground cumin
- Half tbsp ground coriander (cilantro seeds)
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp onion flakes or powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 3 sprigs of thyme or half tbsp dried
- 3 bay leaves
- Quarter tbsp of chilli powder or Cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon (juice only)
- Salt and pepper
- 3 red bell peppers (Capsicums) these are optional
- Cut the chicken thighs into three or four bites size pieces and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add all the herbs and spices, salt & pepper, lemon juice and olive oil, mix well, cover with cling film and marinate in the fridge for three hours minimum. Ideally 24 hours.
- If barbecuing, brush the hot grill with vegetable oil and cook approx 3-5 minutes on each side.
- If baking, rub some oil on your bell peppers (capsicums) and place in a sheet pan in a preheated hot oven and bake for 20 min at 440°F – 230°C.
- Once cooked there should be some black on them, cover with a cloth and leave to rest until cool.
- Once cool enough to handle, remove stalks with seeds and peel off the blistered skin. Slice into strips.
- Add the chicken to a baking dish along with the bell pepper strips. Mix well and bake for 30 min at 350°F – 180°C. Serve immediately.
You can add a glass of white wine in the marinade for even better flavour.
Did you know that marinated meat is better for your health if barbecuing?