Cristina Branco starts tour of 15 concerts in Europe
Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark and Norway
Belgium, Holland, Denmark, and Norway are the next stops. Cristina Branco starts this Thursday with a 3-week tour of 15 European cities. A new album is promised for autumn and the first official presentation date has just been revealed: November 30th at Casa da Música, Porto.
Cristina Branco welcomes spring with an extensive tour of Northern Europe. Starting today, April 20th, Cristina will tour 13 stages across Belgium and Holland over the next 3 weeks (see box below). On the 10th of May, she will travel to Denmark to perform at the Louisiana Museum of Modern Art, and on the 12th she will leave for Oslo, Norway, to perform in front of the Cosmopolite audience. The return to Scandinavia is already planned for September.
Bernardo Couto on the Portuguese guitar, Luís Figueiredo on the piano, and Bernardo Moreira on the double bass are the usual partners on stage who will accompany Cristina throughout this journey.
This tour will also be a unique opportunity for Cristina Branco’s fans to hear live some of the most emblematic songs from her fruitful career and, most likely, some new ones, since the quartet has recently been in the studio.
With a career spanning 26 years, 17 albums released, and numerous concerts around the world, Cristina Branco is an indefatigable ambassador of Portuguese culture. Her last work ‘Eva‘ (2020)-Honorable Mention of the José Afonso Prize 2021-closes the trilogy started with ‘Menina‘ (2016) and ‘Branco‘ (2018). In 2022, Cristina Branco toured Europe in more than 50 concerts. She released the ‘document‘ (as she affectionately calls it), ‘Blackberries in an Autumn Afternoon’, the result of her long collaboration with pianist João Paulo Esteves da Silva. This album is their first and only vinyl release to date.
For autumn, the release of a new album is scheduled, whose first official presentation concert is now revealed. Cristina Branco will take the stage at Sala Suggia at Casa da Música, in Porto, on the 30th of November. Tickets are now on sale at the usual places. More details about this new work will be released soon.
- 20ABR HARELBEKE (BEL) CC Het Spoor
- 21ABR THE HAGUE (NL) AMARE
- 22ABR UTRECHT (NL) Tivoli Vredenburg
- 23ABR BUSSUM (NL) Frame!
- 25ABR LELYSTAD (NL) Agora
- 27ABR LEUVEN (BEL) he d Depot
- 28ABR ZUTPHEN (NL) Foundation Theater and Conference Hanzehof
- 29ABR NIJMEGEN (NL) Stadsschouwburg
- 02MAI GENT (BEL) Trade fair
- 03MAI SINT-NIKLAAS (BEL) Municipal Theater
- 04MAI HASSELT (CALL) CCHA
- 06MAI AMSTELVEEN (NL) Schouwburg
- 07MAI MIDDELBURG (NL) Oostkerk
- 10MAI HUMLEBAEK (NO) Louisiana Museum of Modern Art
- 12MAI OSLO (NO) Cosmopolite
- 17JUN MAMER (LU) Fête de la Musique
- 03AGO SARDEGNA (IT) Nora Jazz Festival
- 26SET HELSINKI (FI) Savoy Teatteri
- 27SET TAMPERE (FI) Tullikamari
- 30NOV PORTO (PT) Casa da Musica
Always confirm with the concert hall or promoter the conditions of access, confirmation of the date or time, tickets place of sale, price, and availability.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, and TikTok and see the exclusive content for social networks.