English composer Douglas Dare returned to records in February 2020 with the album Milkteeth [edited by Erased Tapes].
Increasingly confident and comfortable with his identity, Douglas Dare created in Milkteeth his most intimate album where he confesses to us in a minimal way all the joys and sorrows of his youth.
Some of the special moments of his still short career:
- in 2017, he was invited to do a reinterpretation of the theme Dance Me To The End Of Love for the Leonard Cohen exhibition A Crack In Everything at the Contemporary Art Museum of Montréal;
- exhibition that is currently on view at The Jewish Museum in New York (prior to being available, in September 2020, at the Contemporary Jewish Museum in San Francisco);
- in 2018 he was invited by musician/songwriter Robert Smith of the band The Cure to perform at the Meltdown Festival at the Southbank Centre,
- in 2019 he was invited by director/songwriter David Lynch to perform at the Manchester International Festival together with Anna Calvi.
- this year he did a 4-date tour in Portugal in May, being the first international artist to visit our country to perform concerts, since the first confinement in March 2020. Vila Real, Guarda, Portalegre and Ílhavo were the cities that received the solo artist.
Concert dates in Portugal:
March 18, 2022 | Mouco [Porto] 21:30
March 19, 2022 | Theater Circo [Braga] 21:30
March 20, 2022 | Brazil Salon [Coimbra] | 21:30
March 21, 2022 | Musicbox [Lisbon] | 22:30