The festival Que Jazz é Este? this year marks its eighth edition, this time on five non-consecutive days, always on Wednesday: July 22, August 12 and 26, September 9 and 30. The festival thus sees its schedule redesigned for the effectiveness of complying with safety standards, while maintaining the main matrix and main pillars of the festival.
Stage concerts, professional music training, as well as the awareness of new audiences are the ingredients that guarantee the connection to the community and the public in times of life and suspended routines in which it is necessary to insist on continuity and to remain active and creatives.
Each of the five days of the festival has a similarly structured schedule. The day begins with Radio Rossio, which broadcasts this year in its comfortable and aromatic audience under the linden trees of Rossio de Viseu where the radio caravan is parked.
There are six hours a day in blocks of three programs per day leveraged in partnership with various local radio stations, national radio stations and organizations from other jazz festivals in the Central and Northern areas. In September we have voices from Antena 3, Rádio Jornal do Centro, RCI and Antena 1 and from the Guarda and Portajazz Jazz festivals that will be in Viseu with unique programs dedicated to jazz and the stories that surround it.
For audiences less close to the traditional stages, there will be Jazz on the Street touring the city of Viseu, without forgetting the essential historic center of the city of Viseu. The Jazz à Domicílio idea comes from previous editions and has something healthy subversive: instead of taking people to concerts, people are taking concerts. Hospitals, homes and other institutions receive concerts at home and in this way access to this precious asset that is culture is expanded.
During the mornings in September there is still time for families to take part in workshops in the area of music with challenges such as circle singing or even being part of a toy orchestra.
- 10 am – 12 pm> Rossio> RÁDIO ROSSIO Soundtrack Cristóvão Cunha [Rádio Jornal do Centro]
- 10 am – 11 am> Casa do Miradouro> WORKSHOP Circle Singing Luísa Vieira
- 10 am – 10:30 am> Internship St. Teresinha> JAZZ AT HOME DOMAIN Combo Gira Sol Azul
- 11 am – Noon> Rossio [route 1]> JAZZ ON THE STREET
- 1 pm – 3:00 pm> Rossio> RÁDIO ROSSIO Bluish Notes Rui Miguel Abreu [Antena 3]
- 4 pm – 6 pm> Rossio> RÁDIO ROSSIO Jazzar Disruptively Victor Afonso [Guarda Jazz Festival]
- 7 pm – 8 pm> Casa do Miradouro> UHAI
- 9:30 pm – 10:30 pm> Parque Aquilino Ribeiro> COLLECTIVE GIRA SOL AZUL FEAT. PEDRO ABRUNHOSA
- 10 am – 12 pm> Rossio> RÁDIO ROSSIO Until Jazz Amadeu Araújo [RCI]
- 10 am – 11 am> Casa do Miradouro> OFICINA Toy Orchestra Ana Bento and Bruno Pinto
- 10 am – 10:30 am> Lar do Viso Norte> HOME JAZZ Combo Gira Sol Azul
- 11 am – Noon> Rossio [route 2]> JAZZ ON THE STREET
- 1 pm – 3 pm> Rossio> RÁDIO ROSSIO Swing à Sombra at Rossio José Navarro de Andrade [Antena 1]
- 4 pm – 6 pm> Rossio> RÁDIO ROSSIO Porta Jazz Fm Rui Teixeira [Portajazz]
- 7 pm – 8 pm> Casa do Miradouro> Concert for the 12th Viseu Jazz Workshop
- 9:30 pm – 10:30 pm> Teatro Viriato> MÁRIO LAGINHA TRIO
OTHER WORKSHOPS / TRAINING:
- AUGUST 17 TO SEPTEMBER 9> Artistic Residence Colectivo Gira Sol Azul
- SEPTEMBER 10, 16, 23, 24 and 30. 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm> 12th. Viseu Jazz Workshop
JAZZ ROUTES ON THE STREET:
- Route 1: Rossio, Mercado Municipal, Av. António José Almeida, R. M. Leopoldo da Silva, R. 21 de Agosto, R. Alberto Sampaio.
- Route 2: Rossio, R. Formosa, R. do Comércio, Praça D. Duarte, Adro da Sé, L. Pintor Gata, Jardim das Mães.