Now here it is for all to make and enjoy. Please let us know how did yours turn out, did you add anything to yours.
- 1 lb. or so – Pork loin
- 2 – Bay leaves
- 2 – Cloves garlic
- 1/4 Cup – Unsalted butter
- 1/2 Cup – Wine or beer
- 1/2 Tsp. – Sweet paprika
- 1 Tbsp. – Olive oil
- Hot sauce – As to taste.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- In keeping with tradition, I was using Pork Loin, but you can use Pork tenderloin if you want. Now the Portuguese sate this in pork fat and that gives it a full flavour to the meat, but you can use regular cooking oil if you want. If you can not find the pork fat in the market, then I would recommend you to first fry some bacon and use the oil.
- Let the pork marinate go for at least one hour in your fridge, but overnight would be better. It is important to drain the liquid away from the pork in order for it to fry better. Also, do this about half an hour before you cook it because the meat will reach room temperature.
- Here at this point, you can add extra wine or beer to the liquid of the marinade if you want it more on the liquid side and if you want a dipping sauce.
- Now go ahead and add some other goodies to your sandwich. How about mushroom with onions, roasted peppers, cheese, or have it your way. As for me, I like it the traditional way, just pork, sauce and bun.
Now go ahead and enjoy.