- Theme results from its collaboration with xtinto
- New single from the album “Desghosts & Arrayolos”
From Stereossauro’s latest album, ‘Desghosts & Arrayolos’, comes the video for “Saia”, a song that features Xtinto and takes us on a danced tour of the fishing village, the people and tradition that make it up.
The admiration for a figure from Nazaré is represented in her seven skirts, a costume worn by Nazarenes since the times they waited on the beach, in the cold, for their relatives who left for the sea and whose number 7 is related to the number of waves they counted, slightly bending the ends of the skirts, waiting for the shallow sea so that “his” boat could run aground and return to the beach safely.
Throughout the video, we accompany a dancer as she passes through several emblematic places in the village and we take “portraits” of people from Nazaré, who do not leave us indifferent to the weight of History and the legacy of a life dedicated to the sea.
About this collaboration, xtinto tells us: “I closed this track somewhere in the quarantine period when it was just closed with Billy creating without great pressure or direction. Stereosauro had sent a folder of beats and as soon as I took this loop it came out to me this metaphor. I say metaphor because I don’t talk about something that happened to me and at the same time, it describes the process of developing a passion (which has already happened to me) but in a very unique atmosphere that throws us into the air of Nazaré (which never As for the collaboration itself, there’s not much to say, it’s a pleasure that my work is noticed by a legend like Stereo and I hope that this tag team will be repeated.”
The aesthetics of this music video was inspired by the photographs that Stanley Kubrick photographed in the 40s, such as Henri Cartier-Bresson, and also Edouard Boubat.
16mm film was captured to enhance respect for the past and its aesthetic beauty. It had the aim of the Brazilian director of photography Yuri Sardenberg, who captured these moments with a natural and respectful eye of what Nazaré has to offer.
In the words of Stereosaurus, “I have been working with Philip Reese in the production of soundtracks for his documentaries, most recently in a short film about a visual artist, which was awarded at the Independent Shorts Awards in Los Angeles last February. is very familiar with Nazaré, since he works with Garrett McNamara and I knew right away that he was the right person to make this video that talks precisely about the Sítio da Nazaré. It was very easy to do a recap because any corner is a very beautiful place. the video joining a contemporary dancer with the traditional inhabitants – fishermen and ladies with the typical skirts. For this, we count on the very precious help of the Senior University of Nazaré and I want to leave them a special thanks.”
- Produtora: Mosaic McNamara Media House
- Realizador/Produtor: Phillip Reese
- Director de Fotografia: Yuri Sardenberg
- 1a Assistente de Imagem: Ana Monteiro
- 2o Assistente de Imagem: Billy Verdasca
- Estilista: Rita Prieto Alves
- MUA: Andreia Almeida
- Digitalização: CineLab
- Colorista: Serene Issa
- Dançarina: Maria de Barros
- Figurantes: Abílio Júlio Simão Figueira, Ana Cristina Caria dos Santos, António Santos Espanhol, Joaquim Pedro Jesus Vidinha Figueira, Maria de Fátima Simão Figueira Vidinha, Maria Eulália Vagos Veríssimo Figueira, Maria Santana Correia Chita Estrelinha.
O disco “Desghosts & Arrayolos”, que reúne um grupo de convidados de excelência e representativos da diversidade da música portuguesa, num equilíbrio perfeito entre vozes femininas e masculinas: New Max [Expensive Soul], Xtinto, Aurea, Manel Cruz, Marisa Liz & Carlão, Blaya, MC Zuka, Sara Correia, Ricardo Ribeiro, Selma Uamusse, João Pedro Pais, Maria Emília, Ana Bacalhau e Mitó, foi apresentado no Capitólio no passado dia 6 de Novembro e está disponível em todas as lojas e plataformas digitais.
- Producer: Mosaic McNamara Media House
- Director/Producer: Phillip Reese
- Director of Photography: Yuri Sardenberg
- 1st Image Assistant: Ana Monteiro
- 2nd Image Assistant: Billy Verdasca
- Stylist: Rita Prieto Alves
- MUA: Andrea Almeida
- Digitization: CineLab
- Colorist: Serene Issa
- Dancer: Maria de Barros
- Extras: Abílio Júlio Simão Figueira, Ana Cristina Caria dos Santos, António Santos Español, Joaquim Pedro Jesus Vidinha Figueira, Maria de Fátima Simão Figueira Vidinha, Maria Eulália Vagos Veríssimo Figueira, Maria Santana Correia Chita Estrelinha.
The album “Desghosts & Arrayolos”, brings together a group of excellent guests representing the diversity of Portuguese music, in a perfect balance between female and male voices: New Max [Expensive Soul], Xtinto, Aurea, Manel Cruz, Marisa Liz & Carlão, Blaya, MC Zuka, Sara Correia, Ricardo Ribeiro, Selma Uamusse, João Pedro Pais, Maria Emília, Ana Bacalhau and Mitó, was presented at Capitólio on the 6th of November and is available in all stores and digital platforms.